Eleven faculty members of the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville have received promotions that took effect Wednesday, July 1.
The promotion-and-tenure process is a rigorous review of the faculty members' clinical accomplishments; scholarship of teaching and learning; research; and service to the university, society and the profession.
Dominick J. Angiolillo, MD, PhD, FACC, was promoted from associate professor to professor. He serves in the division of cardiology within the department of medicine.
The following faculty were promoted to clinical professor:
- Joe Chehade, MD, department of medicine, division of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism
- Kelly R. Gray-Eurom, MD, MMM, FACEP, department of emergency medicine
- Gurjit S. Kaeley, MD, department of medicine, division of rheumatology and clinical immunology
- Andrew J. Kerwin, MD, FACS, department of surgery, division of acute care surgery
- Carlos Palacio, MD, MPH, department of medicine, division of general internal medicine
- Kamela K. Scott, PhD, department of surgery, division of acute care surgery
The following faculty were promoted to clinical associate professor:
“The promotions recognize their valuable contributions to the University of Florida, the College of Medicine – Jacksonville, the state of Florida and the nation,” said Daniel R. Wilson, MD, PhD, dean of the UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville. “Please help me congratulate these individuals as we look forward to their future achievements in higher education.”
Dominick J. Angiolillo, MD, PhD, FACC
Chief, Division of Cardiology; Medical Director, UF Health Cardiovascular Center - Jacksonville; Medical Director, Cardiovascular Research Program; Program Director, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
Medical Director, Thyroid Ultrasound and Biopsy Section
Petra E. Duran-Gehring, MD
Medical Director, Emergency Medicine Ultrasound
Kelly R. Gray-Eurom, MD, MMM, FACEP
Chief Quality Officer, UF Health Jacksonville; Assistant Dean for Quality and Safety; Associate Chair and Director, Business Operations, Department of Emergency Medicine
Chief, Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology; Medical Director, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Program; Program Director, Rheumatology Fellowship
Medical Director, UF Cares; Program Director, Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship; Associate Program Director, Pediatric Residency
Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
Co-Director, Center for Health Equity and Engagement Research