Nine faculty members at the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville have received promotions that will take effect July 1, 2014.
Phyllis Hendry, MD, FAAP, FACEP, an associate professor of emergency medicine, has been promoted to professor (tenured). She specializes in pediatric emergency medicine and pediatrics.
Neurology associate professors Ramon Bautista, MD, MBA, and Scott Silliman, MD, have been promoted to professor (non-tenured). Bautista specializes in electroencephalography, epilepsy and neurology. Silliman specializes in multiple sclerosis, neurology and vascular neurology.
The following faculty members have been promoted from assistant professor to associate professor (their specialties are in parenthesis):
- David Chesire, PhD, surgery (psychology)
- Charles Haddad, MD, community health and family medicine (family medicine)
- Judella Haddad-Lacle, MD, community health and family medicine (family medicine)
- Ghania Masri, MD, medicine (internal medicine)
- Mae Sheikh-Ali, MD, medicine (endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism)
- Louise Webb, MD, emergency medicine (emergency medicine and pediatric emergency medicine)
“These promotions recognize their valuable contributions to the University of Florida, the College of Medicine – Jacksonville, UF Health Jacksonville, their profession, the state of Florida and the nation,” said Daniel Wilson, MD, PhD, the college’s dean. “I congratulate these individuals and look forward to their future achievements in higher education.”
Ramon E. Bautista, MD, MBA
Chair, Department of Neurology
Director, Center for Healthy Minds and Practice
Associate Chair, Department of Community Health and Family Medicine; Medical Director, UF Health Family Medicine - Dunn Avenue
Judella E. Haddad-Lacle, MD
Medical Director, UF Health Community and Family Medicine - Jacksonville
Phyllis L. Hendry, MD, FAAP, FACEP
- University of Florida Research Foundation Professor
Associate Chair of Research
Medical Director, Ambulatory Services
Medical Director, Comprehensive Stroke Program; Program Director, Neurology Residency; Program Director, Vascular Neurology Fellowship
L. Kendall Webb, MD, FACEP; FAMIA
Assistant Dean, Clinical Informatics; Chief Medical Information Officer, UF Health Jacksonville