Topic: Ultrasound of Extracranial Cerebral Vessels: A Primer
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Parker Freels, M.D.
PRG4, Department of Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Radiology
Upon completion of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the proper technique for acquiring ultrasound (US) images of vasculature using the concepts of position, probe, and protocol.
2. Appreciate the fundamentals of US physics as it applies to extracranial cerebral vasculature.
3. Recognize the major components of a vascular US study with description of pearls and pitfalls of acquisition.
4. Detail how US can help assess hemodynamics, anatomy, and pathology related to the extracranial carotid and vertebral vasculature.
5. Discuss how US can be utilized in the workup and management of a patient.
The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the Activity.
Parker Freels, M.D. has disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
For additional information, contact Martha English (904) 244-4225 email@example.com.