Topic: Esophageal Varices
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Bakht Cheema, M.D.
Fellow, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology
Upon completion of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the pathophysiology of varices formation
2. Discuss high risk stigmata of variceal bleeding
3. Identify principles of acute management of variceal bleeding
4. Distinguish between primary and secondary prophylaxis of variceal bleeding
5. Identify methods to achieve hemostasis
6. Describe the role of TIPS in variceal bleeding
The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the Activity.
Bakht Cheema, M.D. has disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
For additional information, contact Jessica McDonald-Jazrawi2@jax.ufl.edu (904) 244-3092 email@example.com.