Office of Educational Affairs -
Faculty Development Series
Topic: Giving an Oscar-worthy Powerpoint
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Brett Baskovich, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Medical Director, Molecular Pathology
Community Physicians, Faculty, Residents/Fellows
Upon completion of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate modern approaches to lectures that appeal to a new era of learners
2. Integrate online patient videos, animations and pop culture references into lectures
3. Develop novel, creative ways to teach difficult material
The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the Activity.
Please register with your name and email using the Zoom link provided to receive the Zoom invitation.
CME Advisory Committee Disclosure
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/.
Bibliography for further study:
1. Lange, Christopher, and Jamie Costley. "Improving online video lectures: learning challenges created by media." International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education 17, no. 1 (2020): 1-18.
2. Mansor, Noor Rohana, Rosdi Zakaria, Roswati Abd Rashid, Raihan Mohd Arifin, Baidruel Hairiel Abd Rahim, Ruslimi Zakaria, and Mohd Tajuddin Abd Razak. "A Review Survey on the Use Computer Animation in Education." In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 917, no. 1, p. 012021. IOP Publishing, 2020.
Requirements for successful completion: Certificates are awarded upon successful completion (80% proficiency) of the post-test.
Release Date: October 20, 2021
Expiration Date: October 20, 2023
Brett Baskovich, M.D. has disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
For additional information, contact Renee Boyle (904) 244-8271 firstname.lastname@example.org.