Office of Educational Affairs -
Faculty Development Series
Topic: Small Group Teaching: Keys to Success
Tuesday, February 9, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
John Davis, M.D.
Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Upon completion of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the advantages and disadvantages of teaching in small groups
2. Initiate, guide, and encourage participation in small group talks
3. Effectively ask and respond to questions during small group discussions
The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the Activity.
Please register with your name and email using the Google Docs link provided to receive the Zoom invitation.
CME Advisory Committee Disclosure
Conflict of interest information for the CME Advisory Committee members can be found on the following website: https://cme.ufl.edu/disclosure/.
Bibliography for further study:
- Davis B. Tools for Teaching. (2nd ed.) San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2009; pp. 97-111 and 118-132.
- McCrorie P. “Teaching and Leading Small Groups.” In Swanwick T. (ed.), Understanding Medical Education: Evidence, Theory and Practice. Chichester, West Sussex: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010; pp. 124-138.
- Jacques D. “Small Group Teaching.” Available online at: www.brookes.ac.uk/services/ocsld/resources/small-group/index.html
Release Date: February 9, 2021
Expiration Date: February 8, 2023
John Davis, M.D. has disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
For additional information, contact Renee Boyle (904) 244-8271 Renee.Boyle@jax.ufl.edu.